Odds are that most motorists do not like bicyclists and vice versa. Motorists can get super annoyed easily when a cyclists takes up the road and rides at a snails pace. “Get off the road, you cyclists!” Normally you would hear more unpleasant words coming from that mouth if the motorist is in a huge hurry.
As a cyclists you are vulnerable to these situations and you definitely could not compete against a 2 ton vehicle so do not aggravate the situation. When in a safe area pull over to the side of the road and let traffic go by.
- Do not cut off other drivers
- Ride on the right side of roadway when travelling slower than the flow of traffic
- Do not tailgate
- Do not make gestures to other drivers
- Do not argue with aggressive drivers
- If you feel threatened, call 911 immediately
Prevent further potential incidents by
- Avoiding eye contact with an angry driver
- Giving an angry driver plenty of space
Also, be sure to wear proper protection to reduce the amount of injuries when riding your bicycle and to observe the laws of the road where riding.
Road rage accidents can cause very painful or even fatal injuries. If you are ever in an accident or crash you maybe entitled to compensation for Injuries, Medical Expenses, Lost Income, Property Damage, Pain and Suffering, and others.
Always remember to contact The Reinecke Law Firm for a free case evaluation directly over the phone at 1 (800)275-8326. We are open 24/7 to help you with your case.