AFTER A BICYCLE ACCIDENT
The 10 Things to Do
- If injured – call for medical help.
- Call the police, – stay at the scene and make a police report of the facts of the accident which can later be used in an insurance claim or lawsuit. Even if liability seems clear at the time of the accident a police report is necessary to document the facts. Once an insurance company or defense attorney becomes involved they may be a dispute liability
- Exchange insurance information get the name, address, and phone number and the insurance information of the driver at fault.
- Get the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of witnesses not only of the accident but who may have overheard statements after the accident.
- Never admit liability or discuss speeds which may be later used against you.
- Write down the facts of how the accident occurred.
- If injured symptoms increase- go to the hospital or see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Photograph the scene, your property damage and your injuries.
- Preserve evidence – store your bike and keep your helmet and damaged clothing if you have a bike computer download the trip information.
- Call us at 1-800-275-8326 for assistance.
Get Your Bike Fixed Fast
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, you are entitled to have your bike repaired or replaced and get reimbursed for damaged or destroyed personal property such as your helmet, jersey, shoes, sunglasses and bike computer. At the Reinecke Law Firm, we can come to you, discuss your case, provide answers, and photograph your bike.
We will then start working on your case within 24 Hours to get your bike repaired or replaced fast! And unlike other law firms, there is No Fee, not a dime, to assist you in resolving your bicycle property damage claim and getting your bike fixed fast.